Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mandisa's scriptures for her journey

About two years ago, Mandisa (christian recording artist and former American Idol contestant) started a Journey to 100.....100 lbs lost.

Here are some of the scriptures she memorized and used over and over during the journey. I hope to do the same during this life change.......

1 Corinthians 10:13- No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
Deuteronomy 8:3b- Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.
Philippians 3:13-14- I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:12-13- I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
1 Corinthians 6:12- “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything.
Mark 9:23b- “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
Isaiah 50:7- Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.
Proverbs 13:25- The righteous eat to their hearts’ content, but the stomach of the wicked goes hungry.
2 Timothy 1:12b- I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
Romans 8:1-2- Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
Deuteronomy 30:15/Joshua 24:15- See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction…then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…we will serve the LORD.
2 Corinthians 10:5- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Isaiah 55:1-2- Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.
John 8:32- Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20- Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
Galatians 5:16- So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
1 Peter 5:8- Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Psalm 139:23-24- Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Ephesians 3:20- Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
Romans 12:1- Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
1 Corinthians 6:14-15a- By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment